01 Feb 2018
- Added new module
realpathbackport from issue9949-v4.patch.
04 Jan 2018
jaraco.windows.api.filesystemnow relies on
ctypes.wintypes.WIN32_FIND_DATAW, avoiding conflict with scandir.
29 Dec 2017
- #10: Added new method to
samefile: backport of os.path.samefile from Python 3.2 with Windows support for Python 2.7.
26 Dec 2017
- Fixed AttributeError in
26 Apr 2017
- Update reference to
path.Pathfor compatibility with
- Configured project to use AppVeyor for tests.
27 Aug 2016
- Re-release using pypi.org to avoid caching issues.
27 Aug 2016
- Issue #8: Correct argtype to
GlobalAlloc. Better aligns with advertised API and improves Python version support.
21 Jul 2016
- Issue #7: Added declarations of arguments and result types to some ctypes calls, correcting intermittent test failures.
29 Jan 2016
- Moved hosting to Github.
18 Nov 2015
- Issue #6: Fix TypeError in os.readlink.
- Updated project skeleton to include documentation and wheel releases.
16 Jun 2015
08 May 2015
26 Feb 2015
- Dropped dependency on jaraco.util in favor of smaller packages.
26 Oct 2014
- Correct invocation of enver.
13 Aug 2014
- Added clipboard.get_image helper.
12 Aug 2014
- Substantial fixes on Python 3.
- Fixed regression in clipboard module.
- Restored changes from 2.16, unintentionally omitted from 3.0.
10 Aug 2014
- Moved many of the API definitions to the
19 Jul 2014
- Allow enver to be invoked with python -m jaraco.windows.environ
- Add nominal support for credential vault.
01 Dec 2013
- Fixed constants around
26 Jun 2013
- Improved Python 3 support including working gclip and pclip commands.
21 Apr 2013
- Added py2exe support to the package.
13 Apr 2013
- Improvements to file change handling, reducing duplicates.
20 Dec 2012
- Added no_sleep context manager to the power module.
17 Dec 2012
- Added add method to the environ RegisteredEnvironments. Use it to add a value to a list of values but only if it’s not already present.
07 Dec 2012
- Fixed issue in set_unicode_text.
07 Dec 2012
- Add clipboard.set_unicode_text.
23 Nov 2012
- Fixed issue where MemoryMap wouldn’t read null bytes.
- Added security.get_security_attributes_for_user.
22 Nov 2012
- Added mmap module with MemoryMap class. This class allows the client to specify SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, which the Python mmap module does not.
- Added security module with support for security descriptors and security attributes.
28 Sep 2012
- Added vpn module with support for creating PPTP connections.
03 Apr 2012
- Added filesystem.SetFileAttributes
26 Jan 2012
- Fixed import issue in jaraco.windows.filesystem on Python 3.
- Added cookie module from jaraco.net.
- Fixed issue in filesystem.islink() where a call against a nonexistent file could raise an Exception.
01 Nov 2011
- Moved timers module from jaraco.util.
- Added jaraco.windows.cred with initial support for Windows Credential Manager.
22 Aug 2011
- Moved filechange notification from jaraco.util.
15 Jun 2011
- Added filesystem.GetFileAttributes.
- Added services module for working with Windows Services (currently uses pywin32).
22 May 2011
- Fixes by wkornewald for issue #1 - Symlink relative path deficiencies.
- Added jaraco.windows.message.SendMessageTimeout.
- Fixed issue where environment changes would stall on SendMessage.
- SendMessage now uses the correct type for lParam, but will still accept string types.
17 Mar 2011
- Added jaraco.windows.user module (with get_user_name function).
- Added get_unicode_text to clipboard module.
06 Dec 2010
- Added clipboard.set_text function for a simple routine for setting clipboard text.
- Added support for editing environment variables in a text-editor.
- Added clipboard.get_html and clipboard.HTMLSnippet for supporting the HTML format from the clipboard.
25 Aug 2010
- Fixed issue with clipboard handling of null-terminated strings
03 Aug 2010
- Added eventlog utility
- Added support for other clipboard formats (including DIB and DIBV5), and now clipboards to proper memory locking while reading the resource
- Added registry module
- Moved office module to jaraco.office project
10 Apr 2010
- Added 2to3 build support - now installs on Python 3
- Removed default import of jaraco.windows.net into jaraco.windows
- Fixed division operator issue in jaraco.windows.reparse.
- Added option to enver to remove values from a path or other semi- colon-separated value.
- Added privilege module.
- Made jaraco.windows.error.WindowsError a subclass of __builtin__.WindowsError.
- Added office module with MS Word based PDF Converter.
- Added early implementation of clipboard support.
- Added delay option to xmouse.
- Added monkeypatch for os.symlink and os.readlink.
- Added find-symlinks command.
- NB!! Switched the order of the parameters for symlink and link to match the
signature found in the
osmodule. This will absolutely break any implementations that worked with
jaraco.windowsprior to 1.5.
- Added more robust support for symlink support (including a symlink traversal routine that works even when the target is locked). This method uses explicit reparse point parsing, using the new reparse module.
- Added support for hardlinks.
- Added jaraco.windows.lib for locating loaded modules.
- Added command line parameters to environ to allow override of default append/replace behavior.
- Added power monitoring utilities.
- Began work on GUI testing objects in jaraco.windows.gui.test, based on watsup.
- Added filesystem.GetBinaryType
- Added filesystem.SHFileOperation (useful for sending items to a Recycle Bin).
- Updated enver to support appending to a non-existent variable.
- Added a ‘show’ option to xmouse
- Added routines to support the Microsoft Data Protection API (DPAPI).
- Added -U option to enver
- Added this documentation
- Updated the project website to use PYPI directly.
- Improved deployment support (fixes issues with easy_install)
- Fixed issue with PATH and PATHEXT handling in enver.
- Added support for persistent environment variable setting (inspired by enver.py)
- Initial release
- Includes xmouse script for enabling/disabling focus-follows-mouse